- 1The necessary items for a particular purpose: office equipmentMore example sentences
- I was familiar as many readers would be with all the old horse gear, equipment and implements.
- It has provided a little money to repair government offices and provide some office equipment.
- Employees should take a break away from office equipment every hour or two.
- 1.1The process of supplying someone or something with items necessary for a particular purpose: the construction and equipment of new harbor facilitiesMore example sentences
- I feel it my duty to state the great activity, energy, and zeal shown by the Admiral in superintending the equipment of the Danish ships and the embarkation of the stores from the arsenal.
- The equipment of the truck with large profiled solid rubber tyres allows best floor contact also on wet and bumpy floors.
- 1.2Mental resources: they lacked the intellectual equipment to recognize the jokesMore example sentences
- Men don't quite have the right physical or mental equipment to be the dominant parent.
- Sounds to me like you've got all the mental/spiritual equipment you need and should just get on with it!
- A normal woman of 18 does not have the inchoate mental equipment of a child of 9. She has adult, mature mental equipment.
- 1.3 • informal Used euphemistically to refer to a man’s penis and testicles.More example sentences
- Would you refer to your equipment as a stack of nickels, dimes or quarters?
- The website instructs us to take one capsule a day until our equipment reaches the size we want.
early 18th century: from French équipement, from équiper 'equip'.