- The art and practice of horsemanship and horse riding.More example sentences
- She contested competitions and gained experience in general riding, equitation, show jumping, one-day events, cross country, stable management, riding and teaching.
- Athletes from six counties will be participating in the equestrian competition, and events include trailriding, equitation and dressage.
- Her show achievements include numerous regional championships in stock seat equitation and regional reserves in horsemanship and showmanship.
mid 16th century: from French équitation or Latin equitatio(n-), from equitare 'ride a horse', from eques, equit- 'horseman' (from equus 'horse').
More definitions of equitationDefinition of equitation in:
- The British & World English dictionary