- The chemical element of atomic number 68, a soft silvery-white metal of the lanthanide series. (Symbol: Er)More example sentences
- The village is Ytterby and the elements are yttrium, erbium, terbium and ytterbium.
- Is there enough chromium, cobalt, helium, and manganese - not to mention erbium, europium, and gadolinium - on the planet to last indefinitely?
- The devices typically consist of a single-mode fiber core doped with erbium, ytterbium, or a combination thereof; other dopants such as thulium can be used, but the development effort is less advanced.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from (Ytt)erb(y), in Sweden, where it was first found. Compare with ytterbium.
More definitions of erbiumDefinition of erbium in:
- The British & World English dictionary