Definition of erector in English:
1A person or thing that erects something.
- Working inside the cramped attic directly above the fragile plaster ceiling, erectors assembled the trusses with bolts instead of welds because of the threat of fire.
- To erect the trusses, the steel erector used twelve 78-ft-tall shoring towers, one under each tip of each cantilever.
- Even so, with bolts and base plates at myriad angles, the steel erector had to maneuver the pieces with hydraulic rams and remove some to fit others in to fine-tune sequencing.
1.1A muscle that maintains an erect state of a part of the body or an erect posture of the body.
- That's a shame, because these exercises build an excellent foundation of mass and strength by stressing many muscles at once, especially the trapezius, spinal erectors and quadriceps.
- Continue to train abdominals and spinal erectors, as muscle at the front and back of your midsection will distract from your waist width.
- The light weight/high repetitions of an inline stride's push-off strengthen the spinal erectors (lower back muscles).