- Of, relating to, or denoting plants of the heather family (Ericaceae).More example sentences
- Ledum groenlandicum, Labrador tea, is an ericaceous evergreen shrub of acidic, wet areas common to northern regions of North America.
- The forest ground vegetation is mostly dominated by ericaceous dwarf shrubs.
- O'Connell and Johnston, for example, found that microhabitat characteristics (e.g. presence of ericaceous shrubs or open canopy) had a larger effect on pollination success in the orchid Cypripedium acaule than floral traits.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin Ericaceae (plural), from the genus name Erica (see erica).
More definitions of ericaceousDefinition of ericaceous in:
- The British & World English dictionary