Of, relating to, or tending to arouse sexual desire or excitement.
More example sentences
- To pluck food from a nude woman at a party is certainly sensual and quite likely erotic, but sexual?
- But to see these images as either overtly sexual or even primarily erotic would be a big mistake.
- Are you ready to take a look at the effects of the sexual revolution on erotic cinema?
sexy, sexually arousing, sexually stimulating, titillating, suggestive; pornographic, sexually explicit, lewd, smutty, hard-core, soft-core, dirty, racy, risqué, ribald, naughty; sexual, sensual, amatory; seductive, alluring, tantalizing
mid 17th century: from French érotique, from Greek erōtikos, from erōs, erōt- 'sexual love'.
- More example sentences
- Included in the draft legislation is a 10-year jail sentence and fines of more than $40,000 for ‘locking lips’ in public or dancing erotically.
- A little-known Federal law allows individuals to send a Prohibitory Order against companies that are sending unsolicited sexually provocative or erotically arousing mail.
- It's depicting it very erotically, very excitedly.