Definition of erysipeloid in English:
Dermatitis of the hands due to bacterial infection, occurring mainly among handlers of meat and fish products.
- This is caused by Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae, a Gram-positive bacterium occurring either as slightly curved rods or as filaments
- They agreed that erysipeloid is an occupational disease which commonly occurs where individuals are handling meat.
- Erysipeloid in people can be reduced by an effective herd-vaccination and sanitation strategy.
- Erysipeloid usually begins as a localized wound infection but may progress to a generalized septicemia.
Definition of erysipeloid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan