Dermatitis of the hands due to bacterial infection, occurring mainly among handlers of meat and fish products.
- This is caused by Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae, a Gram-positive bacterium occurring either as slightly curved rods or as filaments
More example sentences
- They agreed that erysipeloid is an occupational disease which commonly occurs where individuals are handling meat.
- Erysipeloid in people can be reduced by an effective herd-vaccination and sanitation strategy.
- Erysipeloid usually begins as a localized wound infection but may progress to a generalized septicemia.
Definition of erysipeloid in:
- The British & World English dictionary