An immature erythrocyte containing a nucleus.
More example sentences
- In patients suffering from a variety of severe diseases the detection of erythroblasts in peripheral blood is associated with poor prognosis.
- Erythrocytes circulate in the blood, but they originate in the bone marrow as erythroblasts and go through several stages of differentiation until they finally leave the bone marrow and enter the blood stream as fully-formed erythrocytes.
- More example sentences
- The results obtained by special studies led to the re-evaluation of the original diagnosis as an erythroblastic disorder of undetermined prognostic significance.
- Human bone marrow is a tissue of complex architectural organization, which includes granulopoietic loci, erythroblastic islets, and lymphocytic nodules.
- Three patients with erythroblastic hypoplasia were observed for prolonged periods.
Definition of erythroblast in:
- The British & World English dictionary