Definition of erythroblastosis in English:
1The abnormal presence of erythroblasts in the blood.
- However, the clinical significance of peripheral erythroblastosis after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) has not been evaluated.
- The infected mice developed erythroblastosis in the spleen typical of the early phase of Friend disease.
1.1 (also erythroblastosis fetalis) another term for hemolytic disease of the newborn.
- Pathologic causes include disorders such as sepsis, rubella, toxoplasmosis, occult hemorrhage, and erythroblastosis fetalis.
- Rhesus disease (also called erythroblastosis fetalis) is a blood disease caused by the incompatibility of Rh factors between a fetus and a mother's red blood cells.
Definition of erythroblastosis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.