Definition of erythroblastosis in English:
1The abnormal presence of erythroblasts in the blood.
- However, the clinical significance of peripheral erythroblastosis after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) has not been evaluated.
- The infected mice developed erythroblastosis in the spleen typical of the early phase of Friend disease.
1.1 (also erythroblastosis fetalis) another term for hemolytic disease of the newborn.
- Pathologic causes include disorders such as sepsis, rubella, toxoplasmosis, occult hemorrhage, and erythroblastosis fetalis.
- Rhesus disease (also called erythroblastosis fetalis) is a blood disease caused by the incompatibility of Rh factors between a fetus and a mother's red blood cells.
Definition of erythroblastosis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia