Definition of erythronium in English:
noun (plural erythroniums or erythronia-nēə)
A plant of a genus that includes dogtooth violet.
- Genus Erythronium, family Liliaceae
- Under the trees are clumps of hellebores, erythroniums, and trilliums.
- To add to your tulips and erythroniums, you may consider Fritillaria meliagris, which is a pink-and-white British native.
- ‘Pagoda’ is one of the most commonly available erythroniums.
Modern Latin, from Greek (saturion) eruthronion 'red-flowered (orchid)'.
Definition of erythronium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.