- A clause in a contract that allows for an increase or a decrease in wages or prices under certain conditions.More example sentences
- You could try inserting a materials-price escalation clause into contracts.
- None of the contractors protected itself with a price escalation clause.
- The contract price did not contain an escalation clause, although this would have been difficult with the daily fluctuations in livestock prices.
More definitions of escalator clauseDefinition of escalator clause in:
- The British & World English dictionary