- A hatch for use as an emergency exit, especially from a submarine, ship, or aircraft.More example sentences
- Rescue divers approach the distressed submarine and use the submarine's escape hatch to transfer emergency life support stores.
- But all hope was lost on the ninth day when divers released the outer aft escape hatch of the submarine and found that it was completely flooded.
- That's when someone opened the escape hatch on top of the aircraft in the cockpit, Wilson said.
More definitions of escape hatchDefinition of escape hatch in:
- The British & World English dictionary