An entertainer specializing in escaping from the confinement of such things as ropes, handcuffs, and chains.
- ‘Our clients will be able to enjoy comedy, magicians, contortionists, escapologists and music,’ he said.
- Houdini was a publicity-wise escapologist and illusionist who made his name and a good deal of money in America.
- Illusionist and escapologist Shahid Malik broke free from a straitjacket while suspended upside down from a burning rope.
- Example sentences
- Harry Houdini may have been a poor magician, but he was a genius at escapology.
- I have been doing conjuring and escapology in churches and schools since the 1970s.
- There are many elements essential to successful escapology.
Definition of escapologist in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.