- A natural oil typically obtained by distillation and having the characteristic fragrance of the plant or other source from which it is extracted.More example sentences
- Sometimes, the hot steam or water used to distill an essential oil does not extract much natural oil from the plant or harms the precious natural oil.
- Quality essential oils are an important part of any aromatherapy programme.
- Combine basil essential oil with other essential oils to make perfumes and toilet water.
More definitions of essential oilDefinition of essential oil in:
- The British & World English dictionary