verb (estops, estopping, estopped)[with object] (usually be estopped from) Law
- Bar or preclude by estoppel.More example sentences
- By reason thereof, the Claimant is estopped from denying that he is entitled to use the driveway for those purposes.
- Your Honour, the first defendant's position is that the plaintiff is either estopped from bringing these proceedings or the proceedings constitute an abuse of process.
- As a matter of law the claimant is thereby estopped from bringing the present claim.
More definitions of estopDefinition of estop in:
- The British & World English dictionary