- An estrogen similar to but less potent than estradiol.More example sentences
- Natural estrogen can also easily be divided into the three types of estrogen: estradiol, estrone, and estriol.
- There were increases in blood levels of the estrogens, estradiol and estrone, and a reduction of the protective HDL cholesterol.
- I assume that you're taking an oral dose of estriol or some combination of estriol, estrone, and estradiol.
1930s: from estrane (parent molecule of most estrogens) + -one.
More definitions of estroneDefinition of estrone in:
- The British & World English dictionary