noun (plural etageres /ˌātäˈZHer(z)/)
- A piece of furniture with a number of open shelves for displaying ornaments.More example sentences
- The etagere was the focal point of the parlor and often displayed precious glass, marble, porcelain, and curiosities on its cascading shelves.
- Will you please inform Meeks that I have sent back the etagere as it is too small.
- Where do you go when you want to nab that perfect etagere or TV tray?
French étagère, from étage 'shelf'.
More definitions of etagereDefinition of etagere in:
- The British & World English dictionary