- A device consisting of two reflecting plates for producing interfering light beams.More example sentences
- The change in resonance frequency of the etalon measures the change in optical-path length.
- We specialize in very large aperture etalons with diameters up to 150 mm.
- Our products range from simple condenser lenses to precision etalons.
early 20th century: from French étalon, literally 'standard of measurement'.
More definitions of etalonDefinition of etalon in:
- The British & World English dictionary