- An acid or corrosive chemical used in etching; a mordant.More example sentences
- It can also be cured at relatively low temperatures, is chemically compatible with organic semiconductors and can be used with the microprinting etchants.
- The following table lists the most commonly used etchants.
- Etchants are commonly employed in the manufacture of resistor boards where films of gold, nickel, or chromium are to be etched.
More definitions of etchantDefinition of etchant in:
- The British & World English dictionary