Definition of etching in English:
1A print produced by the process of etching: etchings of animals and wildflowers
More example sentences
- In addition to paintings, he produced a large number of prints - etchings, lithographs, and woodcuts.
- Customers can choose from original works of art, etchings and limited-edition prints.
- Engravings, along with etchings and drypoints, are created with the intaglio process.
1.1The art or process of producing etched plates or objects.
- Since then, she has worked in a number of other media besides oil painting, including etching, lithography, watercolor, pastel, sculpture and tapestry.
- An inventive graphic artist, he has worked in various printmaking techniques, including etching, screenprinting, and woodcut.
- Gross, a master of etching in charge of graphics at the Slade School of Art, later helped Daphne Reynolds to develop mezzotints, the deep, velvety blacks created with home-made ink.