- A synthetic compound with bacteriostatic properties, used in combination with other drugs in the treatment of tuberculosis.
More example sentences
- A derivative of ethylenediamine; chemical formula: C10H24N2O2
- The patient was treated with isoniazid, rifampin, ethambutol, and streptomycin (despite in vitro resistance to isoniazid and rifampin).
- Susceptibility testing showed that the organism was highly resistant to isoniazid, rifampin, ethambutol, and ethionamide.
- The patient made a full symptomatic recovery on ethambutol, streptomycin and isoniazid.
1960s: from eth(yl) + am(ine) + but(an)ol.
More definitions of ethambutolDefinition of ethambutol in:
- The British & World English dictionary