- systematic chemical name for acetaldehyde.More example sentences
- The aldehyde, ethanal (also called acetaldehyde), is the product of this reaction.
- The names of specific aldehydes are generally taken from the name of the alkyl group with the addition of an ‘al’ ending, e.g. methanal, ethanal.
- For example ethanol loses two hydrogen atoms to give ethanal and when an oxygen atom is added to this the product is ethanoic acid.
More definitions of ethanalDefinition of ethanal in:
- The British & World English dictionary