noun (plural ethnicities)
- The fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition: the interrelationship between gender, ethnicity, and class the diverse experience of women of different ethnicitiesMore example sentences
- The findings, in terms of ethnicity and social class differences, are stark.
- They're too busy glugging pints to care what color, nationality or ethnicity their next door neighbor is.
- Cultural identity is commonly defined in terms of nationality rather than ethnicity.
More definitions of ethnicityDefinition of ethnicity in:
- The British & World English dictionary