Definition of etiolated in English:
1(Of a plant) pale and drawn out due to a lack of light: etiolated mung bean seedlings
More example sentences
- These plants continued to grow without light and developed new etiolated leaves.
- Exposure of etiolated cereal leaves to red light results in unrolling.
- Small amounts of such products have been observed by other groups in protein samples from etiolated barley and wheat seedlings.
- Example sentences
- Because of etiolation and necrosis, control seedlings were harvested after 90 days, the root systems washed with distilled water and plants dried at 60°C to constant weight.
- Robustness, based on above-ground biomass/seedling height, was used as an indicator of the sturdiness of seedlings and may be regarded as the inverse of etiolation.
- In an attempt to solve these questions, one fruitful approach has been the analysis of in situ absorbance and fluorescence spectra during etiolation.
Definition of etiolated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan