Definition of euphonious in English:
(Of sound, especially speech) pleasing to the ear: this successful candidate delivers a stream of fine, euphonious phrases
More example sentences
- To the scientific mind, a euphonious musical piece that calms the mind and soul is as aesthetically beautiful as a complex mathematical formula.
- There's also a call for ‘bright rights,’ a euphonious phrase if ever there was one.
- It was euphonious and easy to sing and to our young ears sounded good.
- Example sentences
- The long-flowing lines smile euphoniously, without generating harsh inner tensions, and evoking a serenity appropriate to G major's blessedness.
- The Hoopoe is euphoniously named for its call.
- Snarled hanks of colored line nest devotedly against one another and suspend euphoniously from a planar filigree of black over white.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan