- A plant of a genus that comprises the spurges.
More example sentences
- Genus Euphorbia, family Euphorbiaceae
- Some of the native plants we found growing in the rocky limestone soils of the hills and mountains away from the coastal plains were familiar: cistus, helichrysum, euphorbia, thyme, fennel and rosemary.
- A black and green garden collection of 96 plants costs £120 and includes dark dahlias, cosmos, perilla and scabiosa and green euphorbias, gladiolus and zinnia.
- Around the feet of these plants grow small euphorbias, lungwort and ground cover campanulas, while on the wall behind the rich flowers of clematis Star of India are beginning to open.
late Middle English: from Latin euphorbea, named after Euphorbus, Greek physician to the reputed discoverer of the plant, Juba II of Mauretania (1st century bc).
More definitions of euphorbiaDefinition of euphorbia in:
- The British & World English dictionary