- The chemical element of atomic number 63, a soft silvery-white metal of the lanthanide series. Europium oxide is used with yttrium oxide as a red phosphor in color television screens. (Symbol: Eu)More example sentences
- Typical materials used for the former are europium yttrium vanadate and yttrium oxysulphide doped with europium.
- Is there enough chromium, cobalt, helium, and manganese - not to mention erbium, europium, and gadolinium - on the planet to last indefinitely?
- By replacing yttrium ions with europium, the researchers could make garnets with a violet hue, while ytterbium, zirconium, and cerium produced green garnets.
early 20th century: modern Latin, based on Europe.
More definitions of europiumDefinition of europium in:
- The British & World English dictionary