- (Of an aquatic organism) able to tolerate a wide range of salinity. Often contrasted with stenohaline.More example sentences
- Although these represent a small number of the euryhaline species, they are widely separated in the evolution of teleosts, suggesting that the osmoregulatory action of GH and IGFI may also be widespread among teleosts.
- The crustacean hepatopancreas expresses a variety of transporters, but little attention has been paid to their possible involvement in osmoregulation by euryhaline species.
- Marine sponges are an essential and highly diverse component of marine benthic communities, ranging from the euryhaline estuarine, to intertidal, to the deep-sea.
late 19th century: from Greek eurus 'wide' + halinos 'of salt'.
More definitions of euryhalineDefinition of euryhaline in:
- The British & World English dictionary