verb[with object] (usually be euthanized) North American
- Put (a living being, especially a dog or cat) to death humanely.More example sentences
- A young, arrogant veterinarian unable to concentrate on the needs of animals hastily euthanizes an ill horse.
- This story is about this woman who worked for the humane society and euthanized a stray cat.
- In the United States, critically injured racehorses are humanely euthanized by lethal injection.
More definitions of euthanizeDefinition of euthanize in:
- The British & World English dictionary