noun(the evening star)
- The planet Venus, seen shining in the western sky after sunset.More example sentences
- Venus shines brightly as the evening star in the western sky.
- Astronomers now know, of course, that the morning star and the evening star are one and the same heavenly body, namely, the planet Venus.
- The reflected light off the spaceship intensified until it almost outshone Venus, the evening star, which was poised above the western horizon.
More definitions of evening starDefinition of evening star in:
- The British & World English dictionary