Definition of exasperating in English:
Intensely irritating; infuriating: they suffered a number of exasperating setbacks
More example sentences
- Nancy could sometimes be the most exasperating of creatures.
- The determination to never speak ill can be exasperating for a reporter.
- The most profound meditation only leads to an exasperating sense of impotence.
- Example sentences
- Phillips's exasperatingly self-aware first novel, Prague, kicked off the vogue for quasi-memoirs by smart young things about life in 1990s Eastern Europe.
- The exasperatingly faint and muffled musical score contributes to its ambient soporific oddness, and it is shot throughout in the most extraordinary sepia-sunset soft focus, like a dour Russian version of Bilitis.
- John captures, accurately too, the exasperatingly casual attitude of most Meghalaya bureaucrats towards their work, as well as the dominance of women in this matrilineal Khasi society.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan