Definition of excellent in English:
Extremely good; outstanding: a 3-bedroom house in excellent condition their results are excellent
More example sentences
- In fairness, the pitch has seen some serious work on it and is in excellent condition.
- For man is made to the image of God, which condition is undoubtedly most excellent.
- He looks very strong in defence and should prove an excellent asset and the first class centre.
preeminent, perfect, matchless, unbeatable, peerless, supreme, prime, first-rate, first-class, superlative, splendid, fine, beautiful, exemplary
informal A1, ace, great, terrific, tremendous, fantastic, fabulous, splendiferous, fab, top-notch, dandy, divine, blue-ribbon, blue-chip, bang-up, skookum, class, awesome, magic, wicked, mean, cool, out of this world, hunky-dory, A-OK, brilliant, killer
exclamationBack to top
- Example sentences
- Overall it was a wonderful weekend of racing which was excellently organised and ran off by Sue Phelan and her team.
- The locations are excellently chosen if you are a typical ANC voter, I note.
- The themes which run through the comedy are excellently drawn out in a production which is both thought-provoking and entertaining.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan