Extremely good; outstanding: a 3-bedroom house in excellent condition their results are excellent
More example sentences
- In fairness, the pitch has seen some serious work on it and is in excellent condition.
- For man is made to the image of God, which condition is undoubtedly most excellent.
- He looks very strong in defence and should prove an excellent asset and the first class centre.
preeminent, perfect, matchless, unbeatable, peerless, supreme, prime, first-rate, first-class, superlative, splendid, fine, beautiful, exemplary
informal A1, ace, great, terrific, tremendous, fantastic, fabulous, splendiferous, fab, top-notch, dandy, divine, blue-ribbon, blue-chip, bang-up, skookum, class, awesome, magic, wicked, mean, cool, out of this world, hunky-dory, A-OK, brilliant, killer
exclamationBack to top
- More example sentences
- Overall it was a wonderful weekend of racing which was excellently organised and ran off by Sue Phelan and her team.
- The locations are excellently chosen if you are a typical ANC voter, I note.
- The themes which run through the comedy are excellently drawn out in a production which is both thought-provoking and entertaining.