Definition of excentric in English:
Not centrally placed or not having its axis or other part placed centrally: a distinct excentric nucleus
More example sentences
- Less consistently, they found excentric, small nucleoli and nuclear overlap.
- The nucleus of the lymphocyte becomes larger, stains less dark and acquires a one-sided indentation and an excentric position.
- To quote Black Diamond: ‘because our asymmetrical hexagonal design allows one excentric to fit four different crack configurations, the hex has a range similar to a comparably sized SLCD, at considerably reduced weight and price.’
- Example sentences
- Bittner: ‘The outline of this species is rounded, the height greater than its breadth, the hinge-margin straight, the umbo projects little above it and lies somewhat excentrically, or almost in the middle of the hinge-margin.’
- Their excentrically located, usually kidney-shaped nucleus, which is always darker than in the fibroblasts, is a secure criterion for their identification.
Definition of excentric in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan