Definition of excess baggage in English:
1Luggage weighing more than the limit allowed on an aircraft and liable to an extra charge.
- Right, I'm off to weigh the merits of excess baggage and storage at left luggage in Heathrow while I gad about Italy versus shipping a heap of stuff to myself by air freight.
- Malaysian Airlines had allowed Teresa 30 kg excess baggage after she told them several days before her return flight that Jeff had died and she had to return with his cases as well as her own.
- That rare win over England means that the Scots will fly to Dublin with such optimism that they are in danger of being charged excess baggage.
1.1A thing that is surplus to requirements, and therefore unwanted or inconvenient.
- However, nurses view most extra features as excess baggage that gets in the way of simple operation.
- He and wife Janneke are looking for a fresh start but they arrived weighed down with excess baggage.
- Yet I felt cleansed in a way, as if I had shed a load of excess baggage.
Definition of excess baggage in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan