- An inactive substance that serves as the vehicle or medium for a drug or other active substance.More example sentences
- Authenticating pharmaceuticals - raw materials, active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients, and finished dosage forms - throughout the entire supply chain is essential for maintaining product integrity.
- It is talking about incompatibilities between the excipients and the active drug as something which should be considered?
- The tests showed that the new product can be safely used in serum/animal protein-free cell culture systems, as a pharmaceutical excipient and in drug delivery.
early 18th century (as an adjective in the sense 'that takes exception'): from Latin excipient- 'taking out', from the verb excipere.
More definitions of excipientDefinition of excipient in:
- The British & World English dictionary