- A thing that produces excitation, in particular a device that provides a magnetizing current for the electromagnets in a motor or generator.More example sentences
- Although the electric leads to the exciter were doubly shielded, they nonetheless picked up energy at 60 Hz and its harmonics from ambient fields in the laboratory.
- Armament received a shipment of ten-foot-long paper - wound tubes equipped with an electrical exciter on one end.
- Fluorescein is injected intravenously, and serial retinal photographs using a special camera equipped with an exciter / barrier filter set are taken through the pupil.
More definitions of exciterDefinition of exciter in:
- The British & World English dictionary