- The action or policy of excluding a person or group from a place, group, or privilege.More example sentences
- It's the only state that practices racism, prejudice, and exclusivism all in one, and punishes its MPs for speaking out against it.
- It is not possible to build a democratic state based on an ideology of religious exclusivism and through the forcible suppression of the democratic rights of another people.
- The situation in France is politically complex and does not lend itself to the easy answers advanced by the ideologues of religious exclusivism, race and nation.
- More example sentences
- Fundamentalists are also exclusivists, i.e. they hold that only those who believe as they do will end up in heaven.
- The handling of relief and rehabilitation matters by the various successive Governments reveal a sadistic apathy as if some weird exclusivist outlook has gripped the State functioning both in the state as well as in the centre.
- Claims on exclusive entitlements based on religious belief multiply, and given the inseparability of the personal from the political, exclusivist claims mire civil discourse.
More definitions of exclusivismDefinition of exclusivism in:
- The British & World English dictionary