noun[treated as singular or plural]
- Waste matter discharged from the body, especially feces and urine.More example sentences
- The River itself is not a river as such but a flowing stream of the filth of humanity - dead bodies, excreta, garbage, waste products from your factories and other such facilities.
- Hospital transmission occurs through inadequate infection control measures. Strict isolation of cases and procedures for handling body fluids and excreta must be maintained.
- Certain standards were well met, but still much potential for improvement in key procedures such as handwashing, use of isolation, and clearing up of excreta and other body fluids.
mid 19th century: from Latin, 'things sifted out', neuter plural of excretus, past participle of excernere (see excrete).
More definitions of excretaDefinition of excreta in:
- The British & World English dictionary