1(In living organisms and cells) the process of eliminating or expelling waste matter.
- The bound Hg is then removed from the organism by natural excretion.
- In the eukaryotic cell there are a number of places where specialized tasks, such as digestion of nutrients and excretion of wastes, take place.
- There is little evidence of virus excretion in urine or faeces.
1.1A product of excretion: bodily excretions
More example sentences
- Infected dogs also shed the virus through bodily secretions and excretions.
- They're in a big apartment building which looks like an English housing estate from the outside but is clean, the lifts work, and there are no bodily excretions in sight or smell.
- Overnight, the margin for error was reduced to almost zero, since nobody wants to overtake his own bodily excretions as he reaches terminal velocity.
Words that rhyme with excretionaccretion, Capetian, completion, concretion, deletion, depletion, Diocletian, Grecian, Helvetian, repletion, Rhodesian, secretion, suppletion, Tahitian, venetian
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of excretion in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.