Definition of excretion in English:
1(In living organisms and cells) the process of eliminating or expelling waste matter.
- The bound Hg is then removed from the organism by natural excretion.
- In the eukaryotic cell there are a number of places where specialized tasks, such as digestion of nutrients and excretion of wastes, take place.
- There is little evidence of virus excretion in urine or faeces.
1.1A product of excretion: bodily excretions
More example sentences
- Infected dogs also shed the virus through bodily secretions and excretions.
- They're in a big apartment building which looks like an English housing estate from the outside but is clean, the lifts work, and there are no bodily excretions in sight or smell.
- Overnight, the margin for error was reduced to almost zero, since nobody wants to overtake his own bodily excretions as he reaches terminal velocity.
Definition of excretion in:
- British & World English dictionary