Definition of executive officer in English:
1An officer with executive power.
- Wandsworth's former higher executive officer for the Office of Fair Trading, was awarded an OBE.
- The last ITU Telecom World was held in the Swiss city in 2003 and attracted over 900 exhibitors from 551 countries, plus 375 industry chief executive officers and 148 government officials.
- A number of other matters were raised by members about the powers of the chief executive officer, and the like.
1.1(In naval vessels and some other military contexts) the officer who is second in command to the captain or commanding officer.
- In addition to inspiring the students at the War College with his candor, he also addressed the Senior Enlisted Academy and prospective commanding and executive officers at the Command Leadership School.
- A major typically is an executive officer - second in command - in a battalion.
- The course is expected to run about twice a year, training airbase commanding officers, executive officers and major flight commanders.
Definition of executive officer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.