- The privilege, claimed by the president for the executive branch of the US government, of withholding information in the public interest.More example sentences
- While the president has the right to claim executive privilege under certain circumstances, even this privilege does not allow him complete secrecy.
- Even the Vice President admits the President has not yet claimed executive privilege for this information - and can do so if GAO prevails.
- The Vice President is not claiming executive privilege (which enables the President to withhold information from Congress or the courts).
More definitions of executive privilegeDefinition of executive privilege in:
- The British & World English dictionary