- An enclosed outdoor area used for physical exercise in a prison.More example sentences
- He tends to spend much of each day lying on his bed in his cell, even when the cell is open and he is free to move around the common areas and the exercise yard.
- Our first look at the village is literally a bird's eye view, contrasting the relatively joyful outside world with a group of men trudging in a slow circle in a prison exercise yard.
- Every day George gets up at 6am, goes into the prison exercise yard at 6.30 am and then gets ready for breakfast shortly after 7am.
More definitions of exercise yardDefinition of exercise yard in:
- The British & World English dictionary