1The process or action of exhaling.
- It maintains the process of inhalation and exhalation as well as sensual acuity.
- Slowly begin to deepen your breathing, little by little, so each inhalation grows slightly deeper and each exhalation extends a bit further.
- Also, allow your chest muscles to fall deeper and deeper within you on each exhalation.
1.1An expiration of air from the lungs: he let his breath out in a long exhalation of relief
More example sentences
- Close your eyes and listen quietly to your inhalations and exhalations for about 30 seconds.
- The forceful inhalations and exhalations of these exercises strengthen the diaphragm and lungs.
- Danny goes offline with a large exhalation of relief.
1.2An amount of vapor or fumes given off.
- The Meteors is divided into ten discourses on a variety of topics: terrestrial bodies, vapours and exhalations, the nature of salt, winds, clouds, rainbows, snow and hail, storms, and a few other phenomena.
- These products of earth's exhalations included not only weather events like wind and rain, but also fireballs, shooting stars, tornadoes, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and Northern Lights.
- Alchemical treatises frequently warned of the hazards of working with sulphurous exhalations and volatile chemicals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.