Definition of exhaustive in English:
Examining, including, or considering all elements or aspects; fully comprehensive: she has undergone exhaustive tests since becoming ill
More example sentences
- These are only a few examples which are neither comprehensive nor exhaustive.
- The campaign group said it sent the Government an exhaustive memo detailing the allegations in July.
- It also explores in exhaustive detail the way Wilson was out maneuvered at Versailles and how he left a broken man.
- Example sentences
- The international architectural community is bound to profit from the lessons conveyed by this exhibition, which covers with admirable exhaustiveness a subject vitally pertinent to the present day.
- Although advanced as a first, tentative approach, the proposal is presented very systematically, with clear ambitions to generality and exhaustiveness of the field.
- To point out this incompleteness is not to criticize Lyotard: his book is no treatise, no scientific biography; it has no aspiration to exhaustiveness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.