1Extravagant behavior that is intended to attract attention to oneself.
- She cocoons the viewer in her extravagant exhibitionism.
- The affectless voyeurism and exhibitionism of reality TV has undoubtedly inspired the movie.
- But all this sound and fury is mainly exhibitionism - politicians pretending they're saving the planet.
1.1 Psychiatry A mental condition characterized by the compulsion to display one’s genitals in public.
- Crane has also been diagnosed as suffering from exhibitionism and anti-social personality disorder.
- The sexual activity may include fondling, oral-genital, genital and anal contact, as well as exhibitionism, voyeurism and exposure to pornography.
- Crane apparently has a propensity for rape and sexual exhibitionism but does not experience irresistible compulsions or an absolute volitional impairment.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of exhibitionism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.