- All of them contained usually short fragments of coding sequences corresponding to exons of single-copy genes.
- Sequence data for each gene encompassed all coding exons and the intervening introns.
- He concluded that recombination had separated the genealogical histories of introns and exons within these genes.
- Example sentences
- Homology of the exonic nucleotide sequence with human and murine sequences is high (89% and 85% sequence identity, respectively).
- Most of the exonic nucleotide changes are silent third-position changes.
- In each case, a highly conserved region was found in the intron downstream of the editing site and this region was shown to be complementary to the region of the exonic editing site.
Words that rhyme with exongarçon • Cartier-Bresson
Definition of exon in:
- British & World English dictionary
Entry from British & World English dictionary
Mid 18th century: representing the pronunciation of French exempt 'free from', from Latin exempt- 'taken out', from the verb eximere, so named because these officers were exempt from normal duties.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.