- A bolt that expands when inserted, no thread being required in the surrounding material.More example sentences
- While most find electric pylons an eyesore, for Brower even a climber's expansion bolt left in the mountain is offensive - an ‘ego-bolt’, as he calls it.
- He participated in the first ascent of New Mexico's Shiprock; later, as an environmentalist, he would lament the rock damage caused by the expansion bolts and pitons used on the climb.
- This ascent took ‘45 days spread over a period of 18 months; a total of 675 pitons and 125 expansion bolts were used.’
More definitions of expansion boltDefinition of expansion bolt in:
- The British & World English dictionary