- A joint that makes allowance for thermal expansion of the parts joined without distortion.More example sentences
- An expansion joint connects that bay to the penultimate bay from the original design.
- In the portion of the building that remained standing to the north of the expansion joint, the slab and second-floor columns were heavily damaged.
- Provide an expansion joint by removing the mortar along the joint down to the concrete, and use polyurethane caulk to fill the joint.
More definitions of expansion jointDefinition of expansion joint in:
- The British & World English dictionary