- (Of a policy or action) intended to result in economic or political expansion: an expansionary budgetMore example sentences
- Here, states attempt to exploit the international economy through expansionary policies.
- Low interest rates and expansionary policies seem to have pushed the US economy forward and we are seeing very strong figures being reported there.
- At the international level, the G7 meeting to be held next month should coordinate expansionary policies, giving its blessing to rate cuts and easing of fiscal policy.
More definitions of expansionaryDefinition of expansionary in:
- The British & World English dictionary