- Of or forming an expedition, especially a military expedition: an expeditionary forceMore example sentences
- As a result, much of the Army was expeditionary during the Cold War.
- Arguably, this war was the first use of effects-based operations by an expeditionary force.
- Much has been written over the past few years about how the Army must transform to become a joint and expeditionary force.
More definitions of expeditionaryDefinition of expeditionary in:
- The British & World English dictionary